Distance Education is a way of learning from any location of your choice without being in regular face-to-face contact with a teacher in the classroom. Distance Educations is sometimes refered as correspondence courses.
Study materials are produced by the university, college or learning provider and are either sent directly to the student or the student picks up the material from the study centre.
Advantages Of Distance Education
The main advantage of distance education is that it allows you to fit your learning around your work and home life.
- You can usually also set your own pace of study.
- It is your decision as to when and where you study.
- It doesn’t matter where you live – you can get a degree living anywhere in India.
- As with a full-time degree, students may find that they gain useful skills.
- A distance learning course often costs less than a full-time degree
Distance Education Courses Offered
You can study undergraduate, postgraduate and professional level courses via distance education.
Universities and colleges ensure that their distance learning programmes and qualifications are of the same high quality as campus-based programmes.
Some distance education courses require no entry qualifications.The majority of courses will have various specific requirements. These may include prior educational qualifications and English language skills.